Welcome to Riverdale CSA! Established in 1996, we are the oldest CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) group in the Bronx – 21 years! Our partnership with Hawthorne Valley Farm in Columbia County connects Riverdale households directly with an amazing farm that grows high-quality, delicious organic and biodynamic produce. Each household that joins our CSA purchases a share of this season’s harvest from the farm, with over 40 varieties of vegetables and herbs. Fruit shares from other partner local farms are also available for purchase.
We still have a few Summer 2016 vegetable and fruit shares available! Our farmers at Hawthorne Valley Farm will be growing lots of delicious food this season and, by joining now, you can share in this year’s harvest.
When you join the Riverdale CSA:
- You receive 22 weeks of fresh, local vegetables and fruits.
- All produce is grown using biodynamic, organic, or ecological methods.
- Pick-ups are on Thursdays between 3:30 and 7 pm at Riverdale Neighborhood House, 5521 Mosholu Avenue, Bronx, NY 10471.
- The Riverdale CSA depends on its members for the site to run well, so all shareholders are required to volunteer approximately five hours per season at the distribution site on pick-up days. To learn more, go to the Volunteer Tab on this website.
- You’ll support environmentally responsible farming and have opportunities to get to know your neighbors, your farmer, and the farms where your food is grown.
- You can sign up through this website. Hawthorne Valley Farm accepts SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program) for CSA payment.
- You can also sign up to pre-order items such as grass-fed meat and dairy, pastured eggs, honey, baked goods, beans, grains and lacto-fermented products.
To join, visit http://hawthornevalleystore.org/csa-shares/